Our readiness, first and second grade students are about to begin an Artist Residency with Cynthia Robinson, a Natural Playground artist. She has presented us with a material list with the hopes that we can collect these materials and have them available for the residency, which begins on May 4.
The list of items includes - pine cones, small rocks, bark, acorns and many other things found in your yard. Please see the attachment below if you are interested in making a donation.
In order to accommodate for the significant snow days this school year, the NBCS calendar will change as follows:
- Beginning Monday, May 1, 2017 and continuing through the rest of the school year, thirty minutes will be added to each school day. This means that the doors will now open at 7:30 and school will officially begin at 7:45. At the end of the day, walkers will be dismissed at 2:25 and bus students will be dismissed at 2:30.
- The last day of school (1/2 day) is now Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
Please read the attached announcement from Superintendent Balke for further information regarding changes to the school day and calendar.
- There will be an incoming Kindergarten Parent Night on May 9th at 5:00 in the kindergarten classrooms. The students should be 5 years old by September 30th.
- June 20 is the last day of school. It will be an early release at noon.
- The school-wide Awards Ceremony will be on Friday, June 16th at 8:30 am.
- The 6th Grade Promotional Exercises will also be Friday, June 16th at 5:00 pm.
- The 6th Grade will be going to the Friendly Beaver Campground for the day on Monday, June 19th which will be their last day of school.